Heartfelt and funny good luck card messages
Coming up with a good luck card message that is more exciting than, well, good luck can be difficult. With that in mind, we created suggestions that will help you decide what to say when good luck just isn't good enough.
The suggestions for short and long good luck card messages below will help you get the ball rolling, but if you need more inspiration or good luck card ideas, there are suggestions in this article that will help you say good luck to everyone you know and for every reason we can imagine, like buying a new house, getting a new job, graduating and more!
Short Good Luck Message Ideas
Sometimes you simply want to say good luck in a personal and kind way. Each of the short good luck card messages below can be personalized or left as-is—either way, your good thoughts will be appreciated.
- Good luck in your new job.
- Good luck—I'm sure you'll do great!
- The best of luck to the best of friends.
- I wish you the very best luck.
- Good, good, good luck!
- Knock 'em dead.
- Break a leg.
Good luck card message idea: Depending on who you're writing to, you can change the formality level of your good luck card message. Some people you know so well that you can just jump into a funny message, and with others, you'll want to keep things calmer.
Long Good Luck Card Messages
You might have more to say than a few words wishing luck. These longer good luck card messages will let you say how you feel in a personal and detailed way. The few categories below classify some of the different types of good luck card messages and give suggestions for each. To start, though, here are some different, longer ways to wish someone good luck.
- Sending you good vibes and positive energy.
- Good luck in this and all future endeavors.
- I wish you all the best with this new and exciting adventure.
- Wishing you the very best in your new adventure.
- I'm rooting for you always!
- I can't wait to hear all about your success.
- Wishing you the very best in your new job, though I know you'll crush it.
- I'd wish you good luck, but you don't need it.
Funny Good Luck Card Message Ideas
Good luck cards are generally light-hearted and happy messages, so you might want to include something funny to get a laugh or even just a smile out of whoever you're wishing good luck.
- Heard you were moving—THANK GOD.
- Good luck to you—you'll really need it.
- I prayed to all of the gods I could remember for you.
- Let's hope you pass this test, but if you don't, I have a pint of ice cream with your name on it.
- I'm sure you'll succeed, but in case you don't, I'm not bragging to anyone yet.
- Hey, if you fail, at least you'll make me look better!
Good luck card message idea: You can substitute these funny good luck card messages with a funny memory that the two of you share or an inside joke. If self-deprecating humor is more your style, that would work, too!
Offering Your Help or Support
In addition to wishing someone good luck, sometimes you'll want to offer your help as well. These good luck card messages will help you wish someone luck but also convey your willingness to help.
- If you need any advice or tips from me, I've got plenty!
- If you need any help, I'm always here for you!
Good luck card message idea: Are you wishing them good luck on traveling, moving to another country, or do both of you speak another language? Wishing them luck in that language can be a nice touch, and it makes the card feel more personal.
Again, you don't have to stress about your good luck card message too much, and especially not this part! The sign-off is your chance to make any last comments and close the card in the tone you want.
- Best wishes to you and yours,
- All my love,
- Go forth and conquer!
- Hope all is well,
Good luck card message idea: All that is left is the signature, which is pretty straightforward. If you'd like to make it a little more unique, you can sign a nickname or a teasing joke. For example, if you're writing your card to a sibling, you could sign it "Mom & Dad's favorite child."
We hope our suggestions will help you say good luck to a loved one, close friend, coworker or anyone else in your life. If you'd like to say good luck with a small gift, too, That's Caring offers a wide range of gifts, from wine, cheese and chocolate gift boxes to sweet and salty snack mixes; you're sure to find the right gift for a loved one. Learn more about our mission to give happiness and help hunger here.