What to Write in a Mother's Day Card
Creative, funny or sentimental greeting cards messages for Mom, Grandma, Mother-in-law, Godmother, from Son, from Daughter, and from Husband.
Deciding what to write in your Mother’s Day card can seem like such a challenge. You want the words to be equally as fun or sentimental as she is, but sometimes writer's block prevents any sort of Mother’s Day card message ideas. That’s where this post comes in handy!
Mom - Sincere - From you
- I am so proud to be your son/daughter. Thank you for being my mom.
- I am so lucky to have you for a mom. Love always,
- I hope you know how much you mean to me. Happy Mother’s Day
- From the beginning, you were the one who raised me, corrected me, prayed for me, supported me and most of all, loved me. Thank you for being the best mom ever.
- Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I have so much gratitude for all you have given me. I also admire you for who you are. You are the best!
Mom - Sincere - From couples or family
- Our family is so lucky to have you. You are there for all of us. Happy Mother’s Day!
- We hope you know how much we all love you. Thank you for everything you have given to each one of us.
- You are great! A great mom, mother-in-law and grandma—we couldn’t be more blessed. Happy Mother’s Day from all of us.
- Today we honor you as a mother, mother-in-law and grandmother for Mother’s Day. But every day we love you, admire you and are thankful for you!
- Thank you for all your love as a mother, mother-in-law and grandmother to us. We are so grateful for all you do for our family. Happy Mother’s Day.
Mom - Funny
- Thank you, Mom! I now realize as an adult—you were right about everything!
- Happy Mother’s Day from your favorite son/daughter/ child. Don’t tell the others.
- When you need help with “What button is it again?” I am here for you! Love, your technology son/daughter. Happy Mother’s Day!
- You did a fabulous job, Mom! I turned out amazing!
- I am wishing you a stress-free, relaxing day! I have a sense of humor, right?
Grandma - Sincere
- You are so special to me, Grandma. You are in my heart forever.
- You know, the best moms get promoted to grandmas! Thank you for being the best!
- Grandma, your cooking is awesome, but your love is the best. Thank you for all you do for me. Happy Mother’s Day!
- I would love to give you a grandma hug right now. We have a special connection, and I appreciate that so much. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma! You are a big part of all the loving traditions in our family. Thank you for being there for us.
Grandma - Funny
- Grandma, thanks for always giving me the things my parents say I shouldn’t have. You’re awesome! Happy Mother’s Day!
- We feel bad for other people; we clearly have the best grandma/nana!
- I love you Grandma, even though you are terrible with technology! Happy Mother’s Day!
- What happens at Grandma’s house stays at Grandma’s house! Happy Mother’s Day to our grandma!
- You seriously rock this grandma thing! Happy Mother’s Day!
Like a Mom
- You have been there for me like a mom—someone I can talk to, lean on and have fun with. Thank you, and Happy Mother’s Day!
- You have been a strong influence in my life. Thank you for your caring ways; I am grateful for that!
- You have loved us just like a mom, and today we celebrate you!
- We thank you for being our “bonus mom.” We are so lucky to have you in our lives.
- Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who gives from her caring heart, and one whom I admire greatly! Thank you for being a blessing in my life.
- If you think you are getting this because you are a wonderful mom, you have another thing coming. You are getting this because you are a wonderful sister too!
- Not only are you a wonderful mom to your own children, you are a wonderful aunt to mine!
- Here’s to you—a sister and a mother. What could be better? Thanks for being great at both!
- I love it that we can share being mothers and that our children are cousins!
- Happy Mother’s Day to one of the most wonderful moms I know: my sister!
Mother-in-law - Funny
- Happy Mother's Day to a Mother-in-law I actually enjoy hanging out with.
- I would walk through fire for you Mother-in-law. Well, not fire, that would be dangerous. But a super humid room, but not too humid, because you know...my hair. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day!
- While your son will take all the credit for this message, just remember it was your daughter-in-law who thought of you. Happy Mother's Day!
- To my Mother-in-law: Thank you for raising such a great guy - less work for me now. Happy Mother's Day!
- Happy Mother's Day to my lovely Mother-in-law! I am so glad you're not like all the other Mother-in-laws.
Mother-in-law - Sincere
- Happy Mother's Day to a wonderful Mother-in-law! I am very blessed to have you in my life.
- Out of all the Mother-in-laws, I got the best. Have a great Mother's Day!
- Blessed once by my Mother. Blessed twice by my Mother-in-law. Thank you being such a wonderful Mother-in-law. Happy Mother's Day!
- From your beautiful smile, your caring ways, and your fun personality, I know could not have asked for a better Mother-in-law than you. Happy Mother's Day!
- You're the Mother-in-law everyone wishes they had! Happy Mother's Day!
Mother's Day Message From Son
- A mother is a boy's first love. Thank you for always being there for me. Happy Mother's Day!
- I am honored to be your son Mom. Happy Mother's Day!
- I love how we have a silent understanding that I'm the favorite. Happy Mother's Day!
- Happy Mother's Day Mom! You may have failed miserably with my sister, but at least you got it spot on with me. Love ya!
- From son up to son down, you are the best! Happy Mother's Day!
Mother's Day Message From Daughter
- There are not enough words to describe how important you are to me. You have nurtured me, taught me, and loved me unconditionally. I am so thankful. Happy Mother's Day!
- Happy Mother's Day! I am so grateful and blessed for having a special Mom like you.
- Happy Mother's Day. You look so good I thought you were my sister!
- First my Mother, forever my friend. Happy Mother's Day!
- Dear Mom, You were right. Happy Mother's Day!
- Godmother: One who shows endless love and affection. Thank you for being a friend for life. Happy Mothers' Day!
- Happy Mother's Day to my Godmother, who is always there for me.
- Thank you Godmother for being my mentor and the best person to be around. Happy Mother's Day!
- You fill my heart with sunshine. Thank you for being such a wonderful Godmother. Happy Mother's Day!
- A Godmother can give hugs like a mother, keep secrets like a sister, and share love like a friend. Happy Mother's Day to my Godmother.
Mother's Day Card to Wife
- The only thing better than having you as my wife is our kids having you as their Mom. Happy Mother's Day!
- From the moment I met you, I always thought you would me a great mom. Now I know it. Happy Mothers' Day to my amazing wife!
- Lucky kids. Grateful Husband. Happy Mother's Day to the best mom and wife!
- Happy Mother's Day - from the reason you NEED coffee and why you have to re-heat it 3 times.
- Happy Mother's Day to someone who did a great job raising her children and her husband.
Inspirational Mother's Day Quotes
- A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take. - Cardinal Mermillod
- There is no influence so powerful as that of the mother. - Sara Josepha Hale
- A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. - Agatha Christie
- A mother is the one who fills your heart in the first place. - Amy Tan
- Being a mother is about learning strengths you didn't know you had and dealing with fears you didn't know existed. - Linda Wooten
- It doesn't matter how old you are, or what you do in life - you never stop needing you mom. - Kate Winslet
- Mothers hold their children's hand for a while, but their hearts forever. - Unknown
Looking for a gift to go with your Mother's Day card? Check out our Mother's Day gifts that give back collection here.